Cambridge Local First is seeking nominations for members to serve on its Steering Committee. All members in good standing are eligible to serve on the Steering Committee, which is the governing body of Cambridge Local First.
The Steering Committee is comprised of a maximum of 15 people elected to three years terms with one third of the Steering Committee standing for re-election each year. This year we have two current Steering Committee members who have agreed to stand for re-election plus we are expanding the Steering Committee to its maximum size of 15 members.
Current members of the Steering Committee are:
Frank Kramer, Co-Chair – Owner Emeritus of Harvard Book Store
Rachael Solem, Co-Chair – Irving House and Harding House
Laury Hammel, Clerk – Sustainable Business Network
Chris Durkin – Harvest Co-op
Josh Gerber – 1369 Coffeehouse
Jonathan Henke – Didriks, Bamboo Fencer and Local Root
Lee Joseph – Easy Chairs Antiques
Michael Kanter (1) – Cambridge Naturals
Gavin Kleespies (1) – The Cambridge Historical Society
Charlie Marquardt – Cambridge Spirits and Mid Cambridge Cleaners
Pardis Saffari – City of Cambridge
Gerry Wolf – 1369 Coffeehouse
(1) Steering Committee member standing for re-election.
Steering Committee members are expected to:
- Be ambassadors for Cambridge Local First, its members and the local business community.
- Attend monthly Steering Committee meetings
- Actively participate in at least one Steering Committee subcommittee during the year.
The Steering Committee subcommittees are:
- Marketing and Directory – Responsible for the annual directory distributed across Cambridge and developing marketing ideas to further enhance Cambridge Local First’s and our member businesses’ presence in the local community and economy.
- Business Improvement – Coordinates the delivery of seminars designed to help members address new and emerging issues as well as develop strategies to further enhance their business.
- Government Affairs – Coordinates with the City and other business associations on legislative and City issues.
- Membership and Distribution – Responsible for membership development and identifying opportunities to deliver additional value added services to our members. Also responsible for coordinating the distribution of the annual directory.
Members who are considering nominating themselves for the Steering Committee or who wish to become more involved are welcome to attend any Steering Committee or other committee meeting. Please contact Jaclyn Sinay at Jaclyn@cambridgelocalfirst.org or 857.998.7392