Cambridge Local First is looking for an organized and enthusiastic summer intern! Our mission at CLF is to promote a vibrant local economy by fostering a close relationship with locally owned independent businesses and our community. Our selected intern will:
- Play a vital role in CLF outreach and marketing
- Assist with social media and web-based marketing for CLF, including the organization’s accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and the monthly newsletter
- Contribute to other marketing and communications projects for the organization, including the 2015 Directory launch, the CLF Community Card, Shift Your Shopping, Think Local Thank Local, press outreach, email marketing, events, and other projects as needed.
- Assist with various administrative and outreach tasks as needed
The applicant must be able to combine creativity with solid marketing and communications skills, manage numerous different projects simultaneously, and display a strong ability to adapt to daily tasks and projects to further our organization’s mission. Working closely with Cambridge Local First members and businesses, the person selected for this position will need to be enthusiastic, organized, thorough and proactive, but can work cross-functionally and be a reliable member of our team.
The schedule is flexible, but a commitment of at least 16 hours is required.
The internship is unpaid but college credit can be applied.
- Conceptualize and draft copy and content for CLF’s social media platforms that fits within the organization’s overall marketing strategy and mission;
- Use monitoring tools to measure the impact and reach of social media;
- Find and cultivate social media contacts to spread the word about Cambridge Local First;
- Assist in conceptualizing and drafting the CLF monthly newsletter;
- Keep the CLF website up-to-date with CLF events and opportunities
- Assist CLF staff with marketing, outreach and distribution of 2015 Directory and Cambridge Local Community Card projects.
- Must possess your own laptop
- Must be available to work 2 days a week or 16 hours;
- Demonstrated proficiency in social media; specifically Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, and other web based social applications;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative suite and Microsoft Office
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion and as an effective member of a team;
- A detail-oriented self-starter and finisher with great time management skills;
- Dedication to the mission of Cambridge Local First