Dear Cambridge Business,
You may have noticed our blue decals proudly displayed at some of your neighboring and favorite independent locally owned businesses all throughout Cambridge. Maybe you’ve talked with one of our committee members or a fellow CLF business owner. No matter the introduction, I hope our passion for businesses like yours is apparent.
We are a non-profit comprised of community members and business owners who understand both the challenges and the thrills of owning a local independent business in Cambridge. We think, shop, save, bank, eat and breathe local Cambridge here at CLF. We can tell you about all the studies, facts, and campaigns that prove what we both already know, which is: local independent businesses make a local economy. They add value to property, they add richness and vibrancy to the neighborhood, they create jobs – they make Cambridge a great place to live.
By becoming a Cambridge Local First member you’ll have access to all of the resources we provide:
Online and Print Local Member Directory
- Online Directory: Our online directory is a great resource for residents to connect with your business. Many times, consumers want to shop local but don’t know the best way to find local businesses. Our online directory is easily accessible for this reason.
- Every year we print and hand deliver 25,000 copies of our printed Cambridge Local Business Directory all throughout the city, at businesses, schools, and major community organizations. All CLF members are included in this directory, with additional ad spaces available to purchase.
Business Improvement Seminars
- Our Business Improvement Seminars are free or low cost to our members, and focus on relevant topics in our business community. Previous topics have included: HR Best Practices, Employee Handbooks, Social Media Metrics, and The Affordable Care Act.
Focus Marketing and Engagement Efforts
- We host frequent networking events such as “Cambridge Local Thirsts” and the “Women in Cambridge” monthly MeetUp. We participate in community events and often partner with other CLF members to host occasions which highlight that business.
- We have an engaged and consistent social media presence, primarily through Facebook, Twitter, and our blog, where we highlight our member base and promote member events and updates.
- Our monthly newsletter has a higher-than-standard open and click rate, and we offer all members the benefit of putting announcements and updates there to connect with the community and fellow members
Government affairs Advocacy and Awareness
- The Cambridge Local First Government Affairs Committee provides monthly blog articles in order to keep you informed with current affairs within the City of Cambridge that might affect your business.
- The GAC is open to discussing additional ways we can support your business regarding permitting, zoning, and licenses within the City of Cambridge.
Cambridge Local Community Card Program
- The CLCCard program is free for all CLF members to participate in! We have designed this card to complement our new Community Member tier and give member businesses a tool to connect with residents and consumers. The CLCCard gives members the opportunity to participate in a flexible program that is designed to increase long-term customer loyalty.
- By participating in the CLCCard, member businesses are able to offer a discount, deal or promotion which CLF will then cross market to card holders and the Cambridge community as a whole.
- We promote the card through specific newsletters, Facebook, and Twitter to foster a connection with our Community Members and your business
CLF is always striving to grow our community by showcasing all it has to offer, and we are excited for you to join this journey with us. To begin enjoying our membership benefits, CLICK HERE. New members pay only $100! In addition, we are happy to set up a time to personally come to your business to meet you, answer any questions, and to learn more about your business.
For more information, contact CLF