Growing, established not-for-profit seeks proactive self-starter to fill the position of Administrative Coordinator.
Reports to: Executive Director
Scope of Responsibilities:
The Administrative Coordinator will provide direct support to the CLF Executive Director. This position performs complex administrative duties, and assists in a variety of annual campaigns and projects. In this capacity he/she will interact with a diverse group of individuals both external and internal at all levels of the organization and responds to inquiries while modeling customer service and CLF’s mission and values. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Provide a high level of customer service including building strong relationships with members, non-members and community partners.
- Represent CLF and conduct in-person outreach at events, one-on-one meetings and other opportunities as needed.
- Perform administrative tasks in order to compile, analyze and process membership applications and payments, and coordinate membership renewals.
- Solicit membership (new and renewing) by phone, email, and in-person visits.
- Coordinate and implement strategies to retain existing members.
- Update membership data on website and in other CLF databases.
- Support all marketing efforts and initiatives.
- Assist in annual directory delivery and distribution.
- Using discretion, screen emails and telephone calls. Responds to time sensitive inquiries. Refer issues or questions to the appropriate person.
- Anticipate, coordinate and schedule meetings and conferences. Prepare appropriate reports consistent with CLF policy.
- Take and transcribe meeting minutes or correspondence as requested.
- Support the CLF Executive Director in any way necessary to ensure that CLF accomplishes its major objectives and moves toward the realization of its mission.
- Draft copy and design for announcements, promotional events, newsletters, and other print and electronic communications for both internal and external audiences.
- Assist with the management of CLF’s social media activities, including coordination and development of content for the CLF blog and other social networking platforms.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of two years relevant work experience
- Excellent document management skills.
- Skills with Adobe Photoshop and/or any other creative graphic programs required.
- Marketing Tools/Programs used: Website Design (WordPress), Google, Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Pinterest, Instagram, Constant Contact, etc.
- Experience with, and proven ability to handle event planning/meeting logistics, including catering, reservations and special requests.
- Ability to create high quality correspondence and reports.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to organize data and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work as a team player, with limited supervision and in a proactive manner.
- Candidate must have their own personal laptop and phone
- The ability and willingness to identify with, share in, and have a commitment to the philosophy, mission, values and vision of Cambridge Local First.
At different times during the year certain programs will require more attention. Any changes in the focus and time spent on the above responsibilities will be determined through regular conversations with the Executive Director.
This is a full time year round position. Salary $30,000.00
To apply please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls please.
Join the City of Cambridge for their groundbreaking ceremony for Boston Bed Company, the first Cambridge retailer to receive a 90% reimbursement for removing architectural barriers, happening this Thursday, June 18th!
Light refreshments will be provided. Speaking program begins promptly at 9:15 AM and includes:
- David P. Maher, Mayor of Cambridge
- Andrew Rosenblatt, President of Boston Bed Company
- Richard Rossi, Cambridge City Manager
The practice of leadership is a core discipline of successful and resilient businesses. Caleb Dean from Owl, Fox & Dean will introduce some of the methods that he uses in helping organizations across a wide range of sectors develop leadership capacity. Participants from any role within an organization can benefit from attending.
The participant should leave the meeting with:
- Practical tools to help develop leadership capacity for yourself and within your business
- A five step process to prepare for and structure difficult conversations
- Methods for developing high quality relationships with staff and stakeholders
- Approaches to develop strong team working agreements
Join us on May 6th from 9:00am – Noon at the CLF Conference Room located at 99 Bishop Allen Drive, Cambridge Ma 02139 for this incredibly valuable workshop!
Cambridge Local First is looking for an organized and enthusiastic summer intern! Our mission at CLF is to promote a vibrant local economy by fostering a close relationship with locally owned independent businesses and our community. Our selected intern will:
- Play a vital role in CLF outreach and marketing
- Assist with social media and web-based marketing for CLF, including the organization’s accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and the monthly newsletter
- Contribute to other marketing and communications projects for the organization, including the 2015 Directory launch, the CLF Community Card, Shift Your Shopping, Think Local Thank Local, press outreach, email marketing, events, and other projects as needed.
- Assist with various administrative and outreach tasks as needed
The applicant must be able to combine creativity with solid marketing and communications skills, manage numerous different projects simultaneously, and display a strong ability to adapt to daily tasks and projects to further our organization’s mission. Working closely with Cambridge Local First members and businesses, the person selected for this position will need to be enthusiastic, organized, thorough and proactive, but can work cross-functionally and be a reliable member of our team.
The schedule is flexible, but a commitment of at least 16 hours is required.
The internship is unpaid but college credit can be applied.
- Conceptualize and draft copy and content for CLF’s social media platforms that fits within the organization’s overall marketing strategy and mission;
- Use monitoring tools to measure the impact and reach of social media;
- Find and cultivate social media contacts to spread the word about Cambridge Local First;
- Assist in conceptualizing and drafting the CLF monthly newsletter;
- Keep the CLF website up-to-date with CLF events and opportunities
- Assist CLF staff with marketing, outreach and distribution of 2015 Directory and Cambridge Local Community Card projects.
- Must possess your own laptop
- Must be available to work 2 days a week or 16 hours;
- Demonstrated proficiency in social media; specifically Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, and other web based social applications;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative suite and Microsoft Office
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion and as an effective member of a team;
- A detail-oriented self-starter and finisher with great time management skills;
- Dedication to the mission of Cambridge Local First